Monday, August 30, 2010

10 Year Reunion

OK so this is a jumbled up post because blogger is really giving me a hard time with pictures today so here's some pics first, then a reunion summary then more pics...it's just going to have to be out of order because I don't want to deal with moving everything around, blogger could DEF make picture placement easier...GRRR!!



Remembering the cheering days...Tigers on the loose, o-on the loose! =)


Me with 3 of my besties from then and still today! LOVE!!


Me and Jackie!! So many memories with this girl!

August 14th we had our Class of 2000 Reunion and it was so much fun!! I loved High School! Cheering at the pep rallies on Friday and loading up the bus to go win another football game at Rhodes, the Astrodome, Alamodome, or wherever we were playing that particular week, going to dances, having parties...those were some fun times! =)

I always wondered where I would be in my life when I went to my 10 year reunion. I remember thinking that I would probably be married with 2 kids or 1 kid and another on the way. I'd say I was right on! Does that mean my life is boring and predictable or that I'm right where I want to be?? Hummm?? Maybe I should shake things up a bit! =)

The reunion started with a fajita luncheon at the high school. It was crazy to sit in that old gym with the same people I used to eat with 1o years ago, only now our kids were with us which was so fun! Kyle and I met in that very lunch room so it was neat to be there holding our kids together now! It was really great to see everyone and I enjoyed visiting with friends I haven't seen in years. We also walked around the school and went to my old locker and cheer gym...ahhh, the memories!!

The real fun didn't start until that evening. First we went to Soma for some yummy sushi with a big group of friends. Some of the friends we went with I talk to weekly and have seen recently and then others I hadn't seen in YEARS but of course you just pick right back up where you left off and it was like no time had passed at all. We had so much fun visting and catching up over yummy food and drinks!!

Then we drove over to the bar for the reunion and saw so many wonderful faces! I saw people that I've grown up with since preschool, my jr. high best friend, all my cheer friends, old party buddies, and also familiar friendly faces that I used to see in the hall or during class...SO FUN!! I feel so blessed to have grown up with such amazing people! I love that our class was and still is so close to this day! I honestly had a smile glued to my face the whole week after because I was so happy! It was so great to see everyone!

Me and Julie

Our family in the room where it all began! =)

Norm, Nikki, April, Kyle, and I at Soma.


April, Jessica, Meggie, Caroline, and me

Me and KyleMe and Apes with Darren in the back! =)Us Girls!

Me and Kendall

Me and Meghan

Me and Heather

1 comment:

Blondie said...

You girls all look so great! Can you believe it's been 10 years? I mean really? It seems like only yesterday we were roaming the halls and practicing together after school! KHS forever!