Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

This weekend was amazing! Nothing like some much needed time to myself! Friday was Kyle's Friday off but he decided to work a half day and then was home to have lunch with me and Keaton. Afterwards he took Keaton with him and his dad to the deer-lease. Yes folks, I was left alone to do whatever I wanted! Ahhhh! It was so great to have a break! So I did some shopping with my mom and then met my friend, Jaimie, at Starbucks to chit chat and see the movie 17 Again which was really cute! Going to the movies is one of my absolute favorite things to do and once you have kids you just don't get the chance to go as much so anytime I get to go to the movies I'm super excited (being in great company helps too)!!

Saturday morning I slept until 9:15!! It was just fabulous to be able to lay in bed as long as I wanted! Then I took my little dog, Gizmo, on a walk , came home for a shower and actually blew my hair dry then headed out for a day of shopping. I went to Sams, Babies R Us, Motherhood Maternity, Old Navy, Carters, and Kroger. I also stopped off and looked at some more model homes. I found one I love but I don't know about the neighborhood so we'll see! Our house in CO hasn't sold so we can't do anything about it yet anyway.

I could continue to just ohhh and ahhh about how nice it was to have some time to myself! Of course I missed Keaton but you moms know how important "me time" is! You have to have it to rejuvenate and it makes you a better, well rested mom once your kids are back with you!

My Mothers Day was just as good as the rest of the weekend. We went to church and then had yummy Los Cucos with Kyle's parents. After lunch we snuggled and took a nap and once we all woke up we headed to Kyle's aunts house and had an amazing dinner with all his cousins who I love so much!! =) It was such a great time spent with family and Keaton had a blast playing with all his cousins! I hope all of you had a wonderful Mothers Day as well!! HAPPY LATE MOTHERS DAY!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute! Keaton is just so adorable!
I'm glad you had some time for yourself!

Melissa said...

Isn't Mexican food good ALL the time!

Okay, so I reallllly want to know what you having! Haha! But, I bet your just excited to see the little squirt again, finally! We're getting the 3D u/s next week!

You look fabulous! And I'm glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day!

Tiffany said...

What if you accidentally get a glimpse on the ultrasound of what it is?!

Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

Rachel Buckley said...

awwwww! Happy mother's day you cute little momma!