Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Catch Up...

If I go a week without blogging it seems like forever! Lots has been going on and I'm just too lazy to sit down and write about it all! =) I guess I'll do that now...

Last Friday Kyle and I took Keaton to the zoo. I was so excited! I've been wanting to go to the zoo for years!!!! I haven't been since I was a little girl and the only thing I remember was watching the hippos, they were my favorite!

So we head out to the zoo, ready to pay $26 for all 3 of us to get in but as luck would have it a lady came up to us and asked us if we were zoo club members. We told her no and she said that she was a member and could get us in for free with her card, YIPEE! Great start to the day! We walked around the zoo and although it was a wonderful, beautiful day spent with my boys, the zoo isn't nearly as exciting as I remember. I don't know what I was expecting but geez, all you do is walk from cage to cage and look, then move on to the next. They didn't even have any hippos and the animals are usually lying down doing nothing so it's not too exciting. What was great was seeing my 2 boys ride the Carousel together, having a picnic with them, and seeing Keaton be amazed by the elephants! Don't get me wrong I did really enjoy the zoo, it was a really nice day spent together! I could do anything and as long as I'm with my two boys, it's a good time! =)


Mommy and Keaton acting like prairie dogs!

Waving to Mommy!


He was exhausted!!


Saturday night we went to our friends Erin and Ian's couple shower and it was a lot of fun! We hadn't seen some of them since we moved back so it was great to get together with everybody like old times! I feel so blessed to have the friends I do! =)

Sunday we went to church and dropped Keaton off at the 2 year olds room for the first time. He took it like a champ by giving us a kiss, waving goodbye, and heading straight for the toys. He loves it anytime he gets to play with other kids and new toys! =) At the end of church a man went to the front with his daughter and son to accept Christ and become a member of the church. What an amazing example he was setting for his children by doing that in front of the whole church! They'll remember that forever!

In baby-belly land everything is good! I'm feeling more movements which I love!! I still can't believe I'm going to have 2 kids! I wonder if this one will look like Keaton? I hope so! =) I think it's so cute when siblings all look alike. My sisters and I don't look much alike and either do Kyle and his brothers so we'll see about these 2 squirts! I just can't wait!

2 comments:

Rachel Buckley said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed your updates!

Melissa said...

what fun pictures! surprisingly james and i LOVEEEE the zoo! it isnt as filled with fun things anymore, but we love going there for summertime dates! james loves the museum too so thats something we share together!