Saturday, August 15, 2009

Has it really been 10 years??

Friday night I went with my hubby to his 10 year reunion. Now unlike a lot of couples that go to their spouses reunions, no introductions were needed since Kyle and I were HS sweethearts and went to the same school (he was '99, I was '00). It was really fun to see so many familiar faces! We keep in touch with so many people from HS so there were some people that I saw just last week, then another handful that I might have seen randomly throughout the years but loved seeing them again, and then another group that I probably hadn't seen since they graduated! It was really a great time although I thought I could have gone into labor I was so tired at the end of the night from standing up for so long! Seriously, at one point I started getting really hot and dizzy and couldn't wait for this guy to stop talking to me so I could go sit down before I passed out or something! After that I demanded to Kyle that we leave! =)

I always thought a 10 year reunion would be a huge deal! That I would be so excited and get a haircut, pedicure, eyebrows waxed...you know really pamper yourself and care about what I looked like. However, I wasn't as excited. Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to it but I felt like I was just going to dinner with a group of friends or something. The big effect of "10 year reunion" wasn't there. That said I didn't start getting ready until 6 and we left at 7. After my shower I realized that half my toes were painted pink and half of them were white where it had chipped off. I just painted over the chipped parts, who can tell from that far anyway? =) Next I realized I hadn't had my eyebrows waxed since our cruise so I started plucking some strays here and there. And my hair? I haven't had it cut since March so none of my pampering or caring about what I looked like really took place either. I just got ready and had no worries. Maybe it will be different next year when it's my reunion or maybe it was because I'm pregnant and I always have the mindset that I can get away with things because I'm pregnant. You know..."I can eat more of that, because I'm pregnant", "I can dress down and wear this, because I'm pregnant. My wardrobe is limited.", "I can sit here while everyone around me works, because I'm pregnant and should take it easy!". You get the picture! =) So I guess this time around I was thinking, "I can wear chipped toe polish, bushy eyebrows, and stringy hair, because I'm pregnant!" hehe!

I don't know why I didn't take pictures, I guess we were just too busy talking and then moving onto the next person to catch up with that I didn't think about pictures until later. I only took these 2 once I was sitting down at the end of the night but it's with 2 of my favorite people that I have a amazing memories with!
Me and Darby

Darby was one of my best friends in HS. We cheered together and always went to the most fun places on double dates... monster truck shows, WWF wrestling matches, Schliterbahn, Splash Town, camping, you name it we probably went there! We then roomed together at Sam Houston before I transferred into Texas A&M and she to Texas State. We've always stayed in touch since but don't see each other nearly as much as we should! I love you Darby! =)

Me and Mandy

Ahh, this girl has always cracked me up!! She was on our cheer squad as the mascot and we also were super close because of church youth group. In HS she had a yellow mustang convertible and Mandy, Darby, and I would drive around blaring Beastie Boys and dancing like crazy! Good times!! =) I love her, miss her, and hope to see her more in the future! =)

All in all Kyle and I both enjoyed ourselves and loved seeing old faces! Next year it's my turn! Weird, HS feels like it was just a couple years ago!!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

I dont know why but Im just not jumping for joy about my HS reunion. Maybe its nothing fun was planned but dinner at a restaurant I eat lunch at ALL the time. I dont know.
Sounds like yalls was great.
I just noticed that you are due in 39 days. Seriously, where has the time gone. That is sooo close and Im now soooo very excited for you all over again, haha. MUAH!

Darby (the one and only) said...

OMG! How honored I am to be mentioned and have a pic on your blog! It was SO GREAT to see you! Even though I feel like we talk all the time, I would like to get together more often! I miss you girl. You reminded me of some great times together! I love the picture. And someday soon, I hope to meet Keaton... and C/Karter!!

=) Love you bunches!