Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our V Day Weekend

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! Honestly, I've just been exhausted! It's very tiring growing a human inside you! =) I can't wait to get that 2nd Trimester energy because I have been a ball of laziness!!

This weekend was a nice weekend spent with my two boys! Kyle had candy and flowers delivered to the house for me on Friday for Valentines Day and they were beautiful! Being surrounded by all this snow and bare trees it was wonderful to see the gorgeous spring colors of the tulips he got me! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers and I'm still enjoying them! He is so sweet, I'm so lucky to have him!!


My sweet sisters and parents were going to send us a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries and other fruit for Valentines to let us know they were thinking of us and missed us (so sweet right?) but every website they went to and picked something out said that they didn't service our area...that just tells you how out in the middle of nowhere we live! =) It cracked me up and it was the thought and effort they made that counted!

We got some snow on Saturday and then on Sunday it was a family affair of reloading our wood pile for our fires. Keaton just loves helping his daddy and it always puts a smile on my face to watch him follow Kyle around.

Yesterday I went with my friend Laura and her son Jack on the hour and 30 min drive to Farmington to hit up Lowes and Target. That's right, I have to drive an hour and a half to go to a freaking Target!!! So different than what I'm used to which is probably why I've only been to Farmington about 3 times in the whole year we've lived here. Instead I just settle for Wal Mart which still takes about 20-30 min to get to! =) Anywho...we also took the boys to the park because Farmington isn't covered in snow like it is here and then we went to lunch at Chile's. It was such a great day spent with friends and it was great to be out of the house for an entire day!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

He is just soooo cute. I love that he imitates Kyle!!

Stephanie said...

An hour and a half to a Target...thats just ludacris!!
lol
Hope you get some energy back soon!!

Cara said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Kristin! I loved the video. Keaton always makes me smile! :)


How on earth do you survive without Target?! Hehe!

Stephanie said...

I just joined Caras Corps!! Looking forward to meeting you!!

Melissa said...

So, I just watched the video -- soooo cute! Its so amazing how kids pick up on EVERYTHING we do and want to be just like us!

Tiffany said...

It is exhausting work, especially since you also have a toddler, but you will be out of the first trimester in no time flat!!

Lindsey Elizabeth Burke said...

I realize this is an old post but I have to drive...are you ready...2 1/2 hours to the nearest Target! Needless to say, we don't go very often!