Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday 10

10 Things I've done since I left for The Lone Star State!


10. Watched a ton of movies while sitting in the backseat with Keaton- We switched between one of his movies (which of course I still love) and then one of my movies the whole way here. Let's see, we watched... Finding Nemo, Serendipity, The Little Mermaid, The Notebook, Cars, Wedding Crashers, some educational video with a cow, lamb, and dog, Talladega Nights, and then Finding Nemo again!!! Thank God for car DVD players! The 18 hour trip really wasn't that bad!! Normally we fly but Kyle had some hunting to do and wanted to be able to take coolers back filled with meat! =)



9. Celebrated my moms birthday!!! She turned 59 years young last week! =) We got together Friday night to celebrate! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!




8. Saw my aunt and cousins- I of course just LOVE my aunt and cousins but we don't really get to all get together as much as we used to growing up. We are close in age (one of my cousins and I are 18 hrs. apart!) and when we were little it seemed like we were always all getting together or spending the night. Now we're all grown up, getting married, and having babies so it doesn't happen as often. It was SO GREAT to hang out with them and get our kiddos together!



7. Ate Los Cucos- There is nothing like Texas Mexican food!! We hardly go out to eat in CO because every thing's so far away from our house so it was so nice to indulge in good Tex Mex food!! I LOVE their green sauce! =)


6. Hung out with my friends- while eating this delicious Mexican food I was in great company! Some of my girlfriends met up with me to eat and have margaritas and then we went to Bakers St. and ended up at Mos (of course!). We had a great time talking, drinking, and dancing! I miss them so much!!

5. Caught up with an old childhood friend- everyone knows that when you go out in Katy you're going to run into someone you know. At Bakers St. I ran into my old friend, Shelby, and it was so great to see her! We played little league softball together when we were about 6 and then stayed friends through part of High School but slowly drifted apart. I haven't seen her since then so it was great to catch up with her!


4. Went on walks- doesn't seem to exciting but I just love walking around the neighborhood I grew up in and looking at all the houses that I used to spend the night at and have so many memories in. It's funny because some of their families have moved to another neighborhood but I'll always think of those houses as "Kristel's house" or "Jackie's house". =) I also enjoyed the walks because in CO we live on a mountain so to go on a walk is basically like going on a hike and I just don't have the energy to do that everyday! I'm loving this flat, concrete ground!!


3. Went shopping!!! It feels so good to have everything right at your fingertips and not have to drive 30 min to Wal Mart, or an hour and 20 min to Target!!! I went to Kohls and got some Christmas shopping done and I plan on hitting up many more places! Katy Mills and Memorial City Mall here I come!! =)


2. Looked at a model home- OK so I haven't done this yet but I'm going this morning. I love looking at model homes even for fun but this house is a floor plan that I love and I'm interested in it for when we move back. I just want to go check it out in person and see how I really like it. We don't know for sure if we're going to build, we're going to look at ALL our options so this is just the first option I'm checking out. So I'm sure you're wondering if we're moving back now?? Not just yet...when we moved to CO the plan was that we'd be there for 2 years but now it's looking like we'll probably move back in the spring or summer so it would have been about a year and 1/2.


1. Just loved being with friends and family!!!! It's so nice to be able to do so much and see so many people I love! In CO we don't have a babysitter so Kyle and I don't really have date nights or go out with friends. It's so great to have both our families here to help out and I just love seeing our parents playing with Keaton. He just loves them and you know they are just in love with everything he does! We're just loving our time with loved ones! I was at my sisters house the other day and when I went to leave my nephew, Breyton, who's 5 grabbed my arm and said, "Are you going to the airport?" in this pathetic voice like he was about to cry and I told him no, that I was going to be here for 2 whole weeks! He started smiling and hugged me and yelled, "YIPEE! Keaton and Uncle Kyle too?? YES!! This is the best day of my life!!" It was so cute!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

So fun!! Isn't it fantastic to go "home"? I'm bummed that we will just miss each other though. Next time! :)