Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Few Things

It's amazing how fast your pregnancy goes by when you're not pregnant anymore. I would already be in my second trimester and going into my 15th week!! It's still so unbelievable that it happened. When you get pregnant you know it's a possibility but you just don't think it will happen to you. I'm doing great really, it's not like I sit everyday and dwell on the fact that we miscarried but some days I can't help but wish that my belly was growing like it would have been if this didn't happen. I didn't mention this before but when we went in for the Saturday ultrasound when we saw the heartbeat, the doctor kept telling me that he didn't think I was as far along as I thought because the baby was so small. I felt positive about the situation since we had seen the heartbeat but I think that's when I knew something might be off because I knew the day we conceived and I was 8 weeks. He kept saying I was probably just 6. So I think what they say is true, when somethings wrong with the baby and it's not developing right, God comes in and nature takes it's course. It's funny to me that we weren't even trying to get pregnant and it was literally ONE oopsie and taa daa...we were pregnant! It made us realize, especially after we lost the baby, that we were ready for another one and wanted to start trying again. Then when you're trying and you have MANY :) "oopsie's" you get NOTHING!!! So weird! I guess it's just a reminder that we're not in control and when God wants to bless us with another baby he will.

As far as Mr. Keaton, he's doing great!! The other day I turned around to see him making quite a mess with the salt shaker! You can see it upside down on the TV tray and salt was all over him and the floor! Crazy kid!

We got more snow this week and he has snow boots now so we enjoyed playing in it! I shoveled snow for the first time in my life too! It was kinda fun but I bet it will get old REALLY fast!




We leave for Houston tomorrow so pray we have a safe trip! Taa, Taa!!!! =)

3 comments:

Cara said...

"Oopsie!" Haha! I got a giggle out of that!

Know that I am praying for you guys and for your next bundle of joy. I know you will be blessed with another baby, in His perfect timing.

Love you and miss you!

Oh, you're not going to be in Houston the weekend of December 6th by any chance, are you?

Kimmie said...

Hopefully all the oopsie's will soon result in a joy of excitement.
Loved the snow pics and totally impressed to hear you shoveled some. Cant say I would do to good of a job with that, haha.
Hope you guys have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves. Miss you!

Tiffany said...

It really is shocking when it happens. For some reason, I never really imagined young, healthy women like us having to even consider the possibility. For us, I think it scared me into a quiet denial and made me wait for about a year to try again. I think it is great that you are seeing the positive and now actually trying for a sibling for Keaton... it is so much fun to imagine them as big brothers! Just always remember that it will happen as God plans for it to - I know that is easier said than done, this was the first time we actually had to try for a few months and I started to have doubts - but if you ever need someone to talk to, I am only a click away!

Glad to see you are enjoying a real winter this year!